Circular Hangers | Recycled Textile ProductsChisholm Weaver
Circular Hangers | Recycled Textile Products
Certain industries create more waste and pollution than others and many are not what you would expect. Who is causing the most havoc worldwide? It may not surprise you who is the leading contributor… the oil industry, what may make you pause out of concern is the second leading polluter. The fashion industry. According to the United Nations Environment Program, the planet produces 300 million tons of plastic every year. The fashion industry is a contributor in this production using plastic garment covers, wrapping and other forms of disposable packaging. Doubling down on this waste is the increased volume of clothing American’s throw away each year which has doubled in the past 20 years from 7 million tons to 14 million tons. In 2018 the EPA reports that 17 million tons of textile waste ended up in landfills which accounts for 5.8% of the total MSW generation for that year. This industry not only creates single-use waste it also has a huge impact on wastewater and greenhouse gas emissions.
The problems and facts with fashion industry waste. Greenhouse Gas emissions | Water Waste | Landfill Waste
- 10% of all greenhouse gas emissions is generated from the global fashion industry. – UNEP
- EPA estimated that the generation of textiles in 2018 was 17 million tons. This figure represents 5.8 percent of the total MSW generation that year.
- According to the United Nations Environment Program, the planet produces 300 million tons of plastic every year.
- Landfills received 11.3 million tons of MSW textiles in 2018. This was 7.7 percent of all MSW landfilled. – EPA
- Textile production alone creates over 1.2 billion tones of greenhouses gases per year.
- The Fashion industry is responsible for 20% of the world’s wastewater. UNECE
- Billions of single-use plastic clothes hangers are thrown away globally each year.
- Textiles can take 200+ years to decompose in a landfill.
- During the decomposition process, textiles generate greenhouse methane gas and leach toxic chemicals and dyes into the groundwater and our soil.
- It takes 2700 gallons of water to make 1 cotton shirt. WRI
How Blue Standard is changing the fashion industry.
Our focus on beautifully designed products that use only the most advanced recycling and circular technologies allows us to create products that you can use every day and properly make a difference. Our initial product & material offerings provide solutions to the entire spectrum of the issues that the fashion industry causes through the use of only sustainable and difference-making materials. Our slow fashion-focused, circular recycled textile hangers achieve 100% reduced new emissions waste. Constructed from post-consumer textile waste we take the very clothes and textiles that are causing the issues in our landfills and turn them into beautifully designed circular hangers. 100% recycled & 100% recyclable. Our hangers are just the first in a line of products we will be creating with our innovative materials to help ensure a brighter, bluer future. See our beautiful video below.
Our Recycled Textile Hangers
- Made from 100% recycled pre-loved textiles & plastics.
- 100% recyclable
- Save C02 & Energy
- Effectively reduces water use to zero.
- Effectively reduces new greenhouse gas emissions to zero.
- Fully Circular
- Durable. These hangers are made to be used for life.
- Our material is completely injection moldable meaning we can use standard injection molding machines making our materials scalable for truly global change.